The debut story collection which mostly depict family, friends and lovers in crisis is expected to be out in bookstores by April 4th, 2017.
Other titles who made the list are:
- Difficult women by Roxanne Gay; a collection of stories about women in a hostile world, coping with everything from duplicitous husbands to sexual assault.
- Six Four by Hideo Yokoyama; a story narrating how a former detective, who once investigated the kidnapping of a young girl, now has his own daughter missing. And who, against his wishes, is forced to revisit the case that went so wrong.
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders; which circles Abraham Lincoln’s trips to his son’s grave and how spirits around the cemetery observe him in grief.
- The H Spot: The Feminists Pursuit of Happiness By Jill Filipovic; which investigates what women need to be happy, and how structural problems prevent them from fulfilling those needs. In the book, the author, through conversations with individual women, suggests solutions and policies that will even the playing field and give women more time to pursue joy.
- Men without women By Haruki Murakami; a humorous story collection about men on their own.