We bring you a breakdown of all the winners at the Glo-CAF awards which held last night at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.
The Award ceremony which was well attended, had performances by such artistes as Yemi Alade, Flavour, Omawumi, Femi Kuti etc.
Algeria and Leicester City winger; Riyad Mahrez, was voted the African Footballer of the Year, while Gabon and Borrusia Dortmund striker; Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, emerged runner-up.
Other winners include:
- Super Eagles forward Kelechi Iheanacho who was voted Most Promising Player of the Year.
- Alex Iwobi who was voted the Youth Player of the Year.
- The Ugandan national team, who won the National Team of the Year award ahead of DR Congo and Senegal.
- Nigeria’ Super Falcon, the eight-time African champions, who edged out Cameroon and South Africa to win the Women’s National Team of the Year award.
- The Club of the Year award was won by South African side, Mamelodi Sundowns.
- Coach of the Year Award was won by South African Pitso Mosimane of Mamelodi Sundowns.
- Asisat Oshoala won the African Women Player of the Year award.
Winners in other categories are:
Referee of the Year: Bakary Papa Gassama
African Player of the Year – Based in Africa
Denis Onyango (Uganda & Mamelodi Sundowns)
Football Leader of the Year went to Manuel Lopes Nascimento, President of Guinea Bissau Football Federation
Legend Awards were received by:
Laurent Pokou, Former player of Cote d’Ivoire
Emilienne Mbango, Former player of Cameroon
Congratulations to all the winners.
Source: The cable